Thursday, 22 April 2010

Okapi's at London Zoo

The last time I was in London I trekked out to the London Zoo to go and see an Okapi for the first time, typically when I got there, there was a little sign at the entrance to the exhibit (is that what you call it in a zoo?) saying 'Okapi's unavailable for viewing.' I was quite gutted as I was really very excited about seeing this amazing animal which is so central to my brand. I managed to locate the zoo-keeper on duty and he explained to me that the female Okapi had just given birth and therefore, especially due to their reclusive nature, couldn't be disturbed. He was very nice and somewhat malleable as after a small interlude of begging (a skill my mother will tell you comes from childhood) he allowed me inside the Okapi 'den.' I was the first person apart from him and his assistant to see the Okapi baby, which I think is an incredibly good omen!

No comments:

Post a Comment